"If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children."

~Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Days and Counting


As the departure date draws nearer (two days in fact, three days till arrival to Liberia), last minute errands for materials, quick emails between myself and my partners in Liberia, and checking and re-checking packing lists have been my priority. Questions have also come to mind.

Small ones like: Do I have everything? What will I take to read? Will I forget anything?

There have also been big ones.

Will the Peace Project be beneficial? Will the information be understood by the participants? Will it make a difference?

While I don't know the answers yet, I hope that my second-guessing is only temporary and unwarranted.

What I do know for sure is that the Peace Education Project for Hope for the Deaf could not have been possible without the prayers, words of encouragement, and financial support of friends and family. I am forever grateful, and appreciative of being a part of a community of people that believe in the cause I am passionate about; people who believe in education and peace for all.

Thank you all, and I will see you in Liberia.

No comments:

Post a Comment